Home →ARTreach/ Education Programmes→Annual Student Art Competition
Annual Student Art Competition
EYES ON BERMUDA
My Community: My Bermuda
When you look at Bermuda, what do you see?
For the 2013 BNG Student Art Competition in collaboration with the Human Rights Commisson, artists are encouraged to explore a poster design. The theme for the competition is My Community: My Bermuda. The question to consider is: When you look at Bermuda, what do you see? Along with the artwork,please submit a typed paragraph of explanation. Free school tours available! Come and be inspired by the 2013 Eyes on the World exhibition in collaboration with The Alexia Foundation. Please google “posters” for ideas. Participating artworks will also have an opportunity to be featured in a Human Rights Commission publication.
For more information on the Human Rights Commission, please visit:
In order to ensure that the community and all schools were aware of the competition we reached out to home schools, public and private schools and various community organizations by:
- Making on-site visits and presentations to all schools across the island both public and private;
- Hand delivering and providing all principals and teachers with BNG education packages;
- Informing and communicating with all educators and community members via: email, phone, postal mail, BNG newsletter, and online networking; plus, flyer postage through local community centers, businesses, school websites, PTA websites, and the BNG website
- Providing Professional Development workshops for educators and members of the community;
- Supporting educators by providing pre-lesson plans and guidelines;
- Offering to co-teach with teachers in the classroom and/ or in the Gallery in delivering the theme of the competition.
The competition is open to all students between the ages of 6 and 18. The six categories are; P3; P4; P5; P6; middle (M1-M3); and senior (S1-S4).
Last year the competition was juried by:
Biennial Artist Jacqueline Alma
Artist Emily Biermann
Biennial Artist William Collieson
Art Historian Stephanie Gibson
Artist Mark Henderson
Art Critic Charles Zuill
For more details please contact BNG Education & Communications Officer Ms. Dany Pen at: email@example.com or 295-9428.